Snorkelling in Sydney.


 
One of my favourite things to do is snorkeling. The first time I ever put a mask on my face was in a small backyard pool that my father built into a large rock with bricks. The water was murky but I remember the thrill of having the underwater world open to me. I progressed to snorkeling in the bath with the mouth piece, and shortly afterwards, my father took me into some calm water in the ocean. Since then I never looked back.
Growing up in Sydney near the sea, I snorkeled with my Dad whenever I got the chance. Together we saw the inky cloud of an octopus, many corals, angel fish and so much more.  The light danced and sparkled and the sound was of tiny tinkling noises along with the whoosh of waves rushing over the sand. We collected all sorts of things to bring back to the beach and to show the family, but when we were in the ocean I had my father to myself. Today, though I live in the mid-west I can swim laps and I do it with a special snorkel, and when I am able to go back to Australia, snorkeling is high on my ‘to do’ list. Sadly my Dad passed away some time ago, but his gift to me remains.
Snorkelingsnorkeling.com
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ug3xYR-AQT8&feature=related
 

Popular Posts