Imaptience comes before a fall.

Today I was reminded again of how important it is to be patient and to just wait. I find that so many things can go wrong when I am impatient. Even now as I type, when I try to go too fast I just have to fix the many errors that I am making. I get so impatient with my clumsiness or how long it takes me to do things. I often forget to take tablets or injections because I just want to get on with things, but my hurry invariably just makes things much worse. I am more likely to fall, break something, forget something important, and the list goes on. All because I am impatient, and the main focus of that impatience is me. I am even impatient with my impatience! Following my mishaps, I get cross, frustrated, irritable with others, and then comes the feeling of defeat. What a tangled web I weave.

Today I am sick and also overwhelmed by a long list of things I won't bore you with. I am worn out and at the end of my rope. I turned to the bible and was again reminded that I need to 'wait patiently for the coming of the Lord'. Sometimes waiting patiently is hard work, but maybe I need to focus on doing that, rather than wearing myself out trying to do everything myself.

Comments

Popular Posts