Memories of Wentworth Falls

I just found this picture on Wiki and it is the best I have seen of this waterfall which is just 30 minutes walk from my childhood home. When we lived here it was a fairly unknown place, but now sadly there are tour buses that visit daily. Still, not too many make it down here as the walk back up is quite a hike and I still remember the last time that I was able to do it. When life got challenging I would sit on the edge of this cliff with my dog and be reminded of the fact that there was a much greater reality than my problems. God seemed closer here than at church and things seemed clearer as my eye was drawn to the distance without a single human habitation to be seen. It was always beautiful, but my favourite time was when the mist in the valley would lift in whispy columns like smoke. I can still smell the sweet, head-clearing eucalyptus of the gum trees. This was my happy place.

Popular Posts