This morning I am laid up in bed. The flu that everyone around me seems to have has finally struck. In this sorry state of mind my head swims with anxiety. I have MS and I have a job with many responsibilities which become overwhelming if I am not well.

I have learned over the years to turn my anxieties into prayers. I talk things out with God, letting him know that my long list of problems need fixing. The more tired I am, the more the list grows like Pinnochio's nose. So I did a dump on God. It's OK though, he has broad shoulders. So after my long rant, I felt convicted that I should do Him the favour of listening back, and I turned to todays reading in my book, Daily Light. And there I heard God's voice so clearly in today, Dec 13 th's reading; "Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my right hand" - "Strengthen the weak hands, and make firm the feeble knees. Say to those who have an anxious heart, "Be strong, fear not". Isa 41:10, Isa 35:3,4.

MS has made my right hand weak and my legs feeble! But he will uphold me even when it is hard to hold myself up. Thank you Lord for your promises.

Comments

Popular Posts