I am sitting at the clinic, between appointments. The Mayo has such an organized breast cancer set up, so different from the multiple sclerosis department. I have been assigned a team with an oncologist, surgeon, radiologist, nurse practitioner, nurse and probably others I have forgotten. They are all in communication which is great. I was sent home with a book, folder, lots of pamphlets and I am over saturated with information. This has been overwhelming but it is good to know that my prognosis is fantastic and I will get through this. They are being thorough for which I am glad but there are many complicated aspects to the treatment and this will last for 5 years. I am disappointed to have to take tamoxifen but I need it so will do what it takes.

I had little margin for more medical problems and this has been eaten up and then some. I have little patience and am overwhelmed by everything that is happening to me. I have a clip in me and now they are putting in a radiation pearl to prepare for the op.

Sitting here in the foyer I see people passing with obvious health difficulties and I know that they are  all dealing with very hard things too. The worst is the sick children, it is so heartbreaking to see them.  
At least we have excellent care and this is such a privilege. I can't believe that I get to live just 10 minutes away as most of these people have travelled across the country or round the world. Thereis much  to be thankful for even while grieving the things that are so hard. Life is like being stretched like a rubber band, both good and evil at work on me and pulling at my head, heart and body. I do not feel sufficient, but The Lord is my sufficiency and I will rest in him

John 16:33 

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

Comments

Anonymous said…
Praying for you...
Erika
IntrepidfromOz said…
thank you so much for your prayers Erika. And thank you for the card and clipping, fascinating! Who neww that Steelville was on the map. Term has started and I am relieved of duties as I recoup. Hope you are having a good summer, love Alison
Unknown said…
Thinking of you. X

Popular Posts