Friendship and Support.

The farm in Missouri
These weeks have been very full. My husband just returned from a week in Switzerland and tomorrow we head out for Missouri for 10 days.  3 days later we are off to Mexico for 4 days to help our "adopted daughter" get married and then back to the beginning of a new term of people coming to our home. I don't know how I will do it all, but I am only given one day at a time and so I will take it as it comes. The failure of Spring in Minnesota makes me hopeful of having a taste of it further south. I want to go mushroom hunting, but this time I will try to avoid chiggers and ticks, the scourge of Missouri woods.

I am feeling buoyed by lots of love and support lately and it makes such a difference when tackling hard things. Knowing I am not alone and am loved is very sweet and I do not take it for granted, as there have been many times in life when loneliness was a bitter pill. I am sure that is true for many, and knowing how that feels makes this moment all the more sweet. Friendship is a balm to the soul and makes things so much more bearable. My limitations do not make me feel despair, but I am seeing it as an opportunity for God through friends to make what is needed happen. He is doing that already. Thanks Susan and JoEllen.
I led them with cords of human kindness, with ties of love. To them I was like one who lifts a little child to the cheek, and I bent down to feed them." Hosea 11:4

Comments

Popular Posts