Refreshing rain

Rain at last, along with cooler temperatures. To feel better after crying so much yesterday, I went out and enjoyed my garden, the chickens and the woods. Chicken manure is great for the garden and I mixed it in with grass clippings and mulch from the leaf pile and spread it on parts of the garden that need a good feed. This rain is so gentle and kind, everything is perking up nicely including me. The birds are chirping away and the flowers look brighter. I read these words  2 days ago;"May my teaching drop as the rain, my speach distill as the dew, like gentle rain upon the tender grass, and like showers upon the herb". Deut 32:2 and "For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven and do not return there but water the earth, making it bring forth and sprout, giving seed to the sower and bread to the eater, so shall my word be that goes out from my mouth: it shall not return to me empty, but it shall accomplish that which I purpose, and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it." Isa 55:10,11. It goes on to talk of joy and trees clapping their hands. The word of the Lord is indeed a comfort and these words seemed so fitting for the day.
P.S. The heat is back as it is for most of the midwest. Am praying for rain for all.

Comments

Popular Posts